Thursday, 22 October 2009

Group Crit


Today we had the overview evaluation Activity I decided that the most successful ones were the ones that were the simplest, they have not over complicated the idea and have just stuck to one concept.
Another useful technique seems to be the use of negative space .
I dont think text worked very well, thre is already enough text in the article there is no need to add more to the page. Subversion has worked well and has added a sense of humour to a lot of the pieces. I feel the colour of the image needs to be consistant either bold and bright or dull and busy, it adds a sense of atmosphere to the page.
I really like some of the innovative materials used for these pieces, collage, sewing and illustrator. The organic sense of the pieces with textural materials is really inspiring.
Simple drawings work well, ones that have been edited by printing on materials or block colour I should try single line printed on scanned material maybe made in to a forest scene.
Quality is the key!!
In order to make a complicated composition it is important to make the colouring simple, light and refreshing. There needs to be space to breathe for the viewer.
It is not necessaty to produce depth in an image as this seems to fit well onto the pages.

After this brief I feel I need to take this and roll out a new piece I need to simplify my piece with a clear message.

No comments:

Post a Comment